A subsidiary of MiTAC International Corp, Mio develops and markets products which enable users to take advantage of the latest developments in mobile services.
The brand was established in 2002 and now has operations in Taiwan, Europe, North America, Australia, mainland China, Japan and South Korea. Mio currently employees 1,700+ employees worldwide and sells and markets its products in over 56 countries and territories. Mio's European operations are based in the UK, Belgium and Poland.
MiTAC was founded in 1982 and has evolved into a multinational organisation offering R&D, design, manufacturing, assembly, marketing and solution services. MiTAC serves the automotive, enterprise, medical and fitness markets and has a global workforce of 9,000. In 2013, MiTAC achieved consolidated revenues of US$1.5 Billion.
- Established 1982, headquartered in Taiwan
- Core businesses:
- Client computing (all-in-one PC, thin client, workstation, point of sale machines)
- Medical and Enterprise (rugged tablets, server, storage, high-performance computing, data centre)
- Mobile and Automotive (portable navigation, outdoor navigation, fitness, automotive electronics)
- 9,000 employees globally, 120 serving EMEA
- 2013 consolidated revenues of US$1.5 Billion
- Mio is the main branded division of MiTAC in EMEA